FIRST CLASS PHONICS
A systematic synthetic phonics (SSP) programme that provides everything that teachers need to deliver highly engaging, multisensory, interactive phonics teaching
First Class Phonics is a DfE Validated Scheme
Welcome to First Class Phonics
Are you looking for a systematic synthetic phonics programme (SSP) that updates and revises Letters & Sounds to meet current expectations?
Do you want a SSP that provides everything you need to teach ‘first class’ phonics lessons and achieve success for all?
Would your school benefit from a budget-friendly SSP that fully resources your school now – without the need for costly ‘re-stocking’ every year?
Would unlimited access to termly, high-quality CPD support your staff to develop subject knowledge, confidence and a consistent approach?
First Class Phonics is a complete, fully-resourced, systematic synthetic phonics (SSP) programme that gives you peace of mind by providing:
A rigorous progression with high expectations for all children
A fun, multi-sensory, interactive approach to engage all pupils
A multitude of ready-made resources to impact on teachers’ wellbeing
Guidance to match your existing decodable books to FCP and supplement with First Class Readers
Since we adopted First Class Phonics, we have never looked back. The quality of the curriculum materials and the support for staff training is excellent. Our phonics outcomes have never been better! Ofsted recognised this in our recent Inspection and said that Phonics and Early Reading was a strength in our school.
Deborah Mason – Principal, Silver Springs Academy
Login for 'First Class Phonics' Schools
If you are already a ‘First Class Phonics school’, please click here to log in. You can access planning, teaching resources, tracking, CPD and much, much more!
Not yet a "First Class Phonics' School?
Take a good look through this website and check out our videos of teachers talking about the impact of First Class Phonics, and see First Class Phonics in action in the classroom. Then contact us to become a ‘First Class Phonics School’.
Our SSP has a proven track record!
You can be confident that First Class Phonics …
- Matches and exceeds the expectations of the new ELGs and National Curriculum
- Will ensure you develop a high-quality, consistent approach to the teaching of phonics
- Meets all the Ofsted requirements for the Deep Dive in Phonics and Early Reading
- Prepares children for success in the Phonics Screening Check and beyond
- Provides child-friendly resources so that all children are actively engaged and having fun whilst practising and applying phonics
- Has high expectations for developing early reading, spelling and writing
- Enables children to immediately apply their new learning into reading or spelling within the phonics lesson
- Provides an on-going CPD programme to support you to build a team of ‘expert’ phonics teachers
- Supplies a wealth of teaching resources including a range of PowerPoints, weekly plans, tracking grids and periodic assessments
- Develops children’s vocabulary and promotes a love of reading
- Provides a phonically decodable reading scheme that is precisely matched to the First Class Phonics teaching programme with at least one book for every week of teaching – First Class Readers.
- Is also matched to the most commonly-used phonically decodable reading schemes – meaning you can still use all your existing phonically decodable books.
First Class Readers
Our matching phonically decodable reading scheme, First Class Readers, has been written by teachers who know what teachers want and children need. Our books are fun, engaging and designed to give immediate success in reading. Your children will want to read these books!
Click on the books below to download a copy.
If you would like to see more samples showing how First Class Readers support a range of ability in one class, go to the First Class Readers page.
From Jane & Debs
” We founded BC Education Ltd to raise standards in the teaching and learning of English. As part of our commitment to you we have now created First Class Phonics. In a nutshell, First Class Phonics is a systematic synthetic phonics (SSP) programme that provides everything that teachers need to deliver highly engaging, multisensory, interactive phonics teaching.”
– Jane Creed & Debs Bragard
BC Education Ltd
Personalised tailor-made training for networks or individual schools
BC Education Ltd believes that raising standards and creative learning go hand in hand. Whether it’s through personalised support for an English Subject Lead, INSET training, or a bespoke package of support and CPD, BC Education Ltd provides in-depth subject expertise and creative, engaging ideas for improving English attainment.
BC Education Ltd allows you to tailor professional development to meet the needs of your school: exactly what you need, when you need it, in the way that suits you best.
Check out our bespoke training courses and our fabulous resources, including the Teacher’s PAL Toolkit.
Mobile: 07724 558282
Mobile: 07595 421642